Skip to content

Bugatti

On 1 January 1947, Friedrich Wilhelm Brinkmann founded a garment manufacturing business for women’s and men’s wear in Löhne, near Herford, Germany. Its success made it possible to launch the company’s first own collection of coats and trousers only a year later. The company grew fast and already employed 100 people in 1950. The production facilities were stretched to capacity, so the company moved to Bad Oeynhausen. The company continued to grow rapidly over the next three years. In 1953, it already employed 260 people and therefore had to move yet again. The company moved to a new head office in Herford, where it is still headquartered today. In 1961, the company Lord Italia SRL was founded in Pergine near Trento as a manufacturing company and sales agency for the Italian market. The production output and also its sales increased rapidly. Italy became the most important export market. The bugatti brand was launched in 1978. Six years later, the first bugatti advertisement aimed at end consumers was introduced. In 1986, bugatti entered into its first collaboration, with Gore-Tex. That same year, Klaus and Wolfgang Brinkmann took over the running of the group of companies, joining their father. bugatti learns to walk - In 1991, the bugatti brand entered foreign territory by going into the licensed product business. The first license granted was for shoes. A year later, the product portfolio was again expanded. The founder of the company, Friedrich Wilhelm Brinkmann, passed away in September 1994; his sons Wolfgang and Klaus took over the running of the business. In 2000, bugatti exhibited its collection for the first time at the Pitti Uomo show in Florence. From its site in Mönchengladbach, the company started to expand its collection of trousers in 2001. In 2011, bugatti launched its first women’s wear collection and changed the company name from F.W. Brinkmann GmbH to bugatti GmbH. In 2012, Wolfgang Brinkmann’s children Thorsten and Markus and Klaus Brinkmann’s children, Julius and Lena, were made official co-owners of bugatti Holding Brinkmann GmbH & Co. KG. The company also moved to its new head office at the Herford headquarters in 2012.